Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
We are a financial co-operative that provides savings and loan facilities for the benefit of our members. As a co-operative, we are owned and controlled by our members, each of whom has one vote (once aged 16 or over) - regardless of how much or how little they have saved.
Our Common bond
Each credit union serves members drawn from particular area or group - this is known as a common bond. For many credit unions that common bond is the area they live in. For others the common bond might be the occupation members work in, the employer they work for or, perhaps, members are drawn from a society or association. This common bond is what enables members to know and trust one another.
Termonfeckin Credit union Common Bond is as follows:
“Of residence or in the Parish of Termonfeckin, Co Louth, or those working in that area although living outside it,, and at the discretion of the Board of Directors, natives of the parish resident and working outside the parish, and minors attending an educational establishment within the parish may be admitted as members of the credit union, but may not borrow in excess of their shareholding without approval of the board”
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order
- Loan Protection and Life Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- Nomination of your accounts - See the Savings Section for more detailed information
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Termonfeckin Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
To open a savings account you'll need the following:
Three forms of identification. One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
1. Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), For example a current valid Passport, Drivers Licence or official ID card issued by the Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection, National Identity Card
2. Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live) dated within the last six months) For example, a recent Utility Bill, Local Authority Document, Official Document from a Government Body or Bank/Building Society statement.
3. Evidence of PPS Number: For example document from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners.
Contact us today to join
You can download a Membership Application Form here